for several months now i’ve been trying to put my finger on what makes me feel sad about facebook, instagram, pinterest, and the many crafty blogs i read on a regular basis. the other day, my friend selene posted a photo of herself on instagram with the honest question of why she feels like she is failing at being lovely, and why she even cares.
on friday, victoria at sf girl by bay wrote about it much more articulately than i can. it’s interesting that these questions are coming up all over the place.
1. being at sxsw
2. washing my down coat after the holes had been patched
3. having a third day of sunshine
4. having only one drink last night
5. eating my vegetables
6. moving the cardboard box out of the rain
7. returning those emails
8. playing my turn on words with friends
9. walking out of goodwill without the bead loom, pillowcases, sneakers, or vintage ashtray (it would’ve just shattered in the parking lot anyway)
10. trusting the stillness